Duolingo in Use – How To Use Duolingo
Duolingo in Use – How To Use Duolingo – If you want to learn a new language with Duolingo, it is very easy. Accounts are free, and you can also practice on your desktop or mobile phone. We are going to look at how to do that in this article.
How to Make Use of Duolingo
Below are steps on how to make use of Duolingo:
To Step Up an Account
You can sign up through email or Facebook. When you open Duolingo’s home page, you will be told to sign up in one of the two different ways provided;
- If you decide to sign up through email, you will have to link your Facebook account to Duolingo afterward.
- But if you decide to sign up through Facebook, it will be very easy for you to invite friends. You can also be able to share progress and Updates your Facebook timeline automatically.
Choose A Language
When creating a new account, you will be requested to choose the language that you wish to learn. You need to know that you can always change your mind and add new languages later. The recent options for people who speak English are:
- Mandarin Chinese
- Norwegian (Bokmål)
- High Valyrian
- Scottish Gaelic
- Hungarian (still in Beta)
- Klingon (still in Beta)
- Navajo (still in Beta)
- Finnish (still in Beta)
Type in Your Account Details
When you try signing up the first time, they will only ask you to enter just a username and password. In case you wish to add more details to your profile, you can be able to do that just by clicking the gear icon on the top at the right side and then select Settings. Here are things you can add if you wish to:
- Short bio
- Full name
- Facebook account (you can also add if you will like to automatically share progress on Facebook)
- Profile picture
- Twitter account
Setting Up Reminders
Duolingo operates best if you practice every day, although it can be really easy to forget. You can be able to set up daily reminders to drill your vocabulary in order to stay on track. Here is how to do that:
- Navigate to the notification settings.
- Click on the box next to “Email me when…” and then choose a time. Make sure to select an hour when you are free and can fully concentrate when learning the language. Your bedtime might even be a good time to use as you will not be disturbed by anyone. You can then be able to get the language into your memory right before you sleep.