Government Of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program
Government Of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program – Canadian individuals as well as some other foreign eligible applicants can now apply for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021. The program provides and gives applicants funds to the best national and international postdoctoral applicants who have the ability to add positively to the social. Economic and research-based growth of the country. It is a beneficiary program that can aid the Canadian society and the country with growing the society and the applicants. If you desire to apply for the program, then you can read more on this article as it will provide the required information for you to know about it and how to apply.
Government Of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021
The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021 aims to attract and retain the best of the best postdoctoral candidate both home and abroad in order to develop their potential and capability in leadership. And also to get applicants prepared to achieve success in the nearest future. They award about 70 fellowships and over 140 awards are available and distributed among the CIHR, NSERC, and SSHRC with equity. It is a 2-year non-renewable program that costs about $70,000 annually.
These are the brief description of the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021 at a glance.
- Host: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Duration: 2 years (non-renewable).
- Value: about $70,000 per year (taxable).
- Country: Canada.
- Application deadline: October 1, 2020.
- Number of fellowships: up to 70
- Targeted audience: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens.
- Mode of application: Online.
Note: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program’s 2020/2021 competition is now open to both Canadian and International researchers who have recently completed a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree. For more information, you can visit Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships.
The Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021 comes with programme objectives. Here are some of the basic aim and objectives of the scholarship program:
- It is administered to develop their leadership potential.
- The scholarship program attracts and retains top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally.
- It position applicants for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
- They share fellowships equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
- The scholarship program awards annually about 70 fellowships.
- They operate on a 2 years non-renewable duration.
- The program uses over $70,000 in taxable value per year.
- Their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities.
- The programme offers individual merits and the potential to launch a successful research-intensive career.
They include other aims and objectives well known to the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021 programme.
Eligibility Requirements For The Program
To get participated in the scholarship programme, there are requirements needed from applicants. The required applicants include citizens of Canada, residents with a permanent permit and foreign citizens are all eligible to apply for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021. Applicants have to meet up with the following criteria:
- The desired applicants that are citizens or permanent residents of Canada are to have acquired their Ph.D., health professional degree, or a Ph.D. equivalent from a foreign institution. And they will only be able to hold the Banting Postdoctoral fellowship in a Canadian Institution.
- Participants that are not citizens or permanent residents of Canada will only be able to hold their Banting postdoctoral fellowship in a Canadian Institution.
- Then Canadian applicants or applicants that re permanent residents and obtained their Ph.D., health professional degree, or Ph.D. equivalent from Canadian Institution or any Institution outside Canada.
These above are the basic eligibility criteria for the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021. Click here for more details on the eligibility criteria.
How To Apply
It is the participant’s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, so applicants must be prepared and applications submitted by them. It Is advisable applicants read and review the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion page before application preparation and also Selection committee guide prior to commencing their application. Individual application documents can be submitted either in English or French. The application steps include the below tasks which are to be completed by applicants before the deadline:
You have to confirm that you meet the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s eligibility criteria.
Contact Your Desired Host Institution:
Applicants are required to contact any Canadian institution that they feel is good for them and they should research and confirm that the desired institution is eligible to host a Banting Fellow. You can check through to see the Universities Canada website for a list of Canadian academic institutions and their research areas.
Register For ResearchNet And Canadian Common CV (CCV) Accounts:
Be sure to register on the below links.
Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to ResearchNet application:
Applicants are required to create a Vanier-Banting academic CCV on the Canadian Common CV (CCV) website and link it to their ResearchNet application.
Start A ResearchNet application:
Once you have launched an application in ResearchNet, you will be presented to a ResearchNet login screen. Then you login to directly move to the application menu. There are tasks to complete before your application submission can be confirmed.
Identify Area Of Research:
This is to determine to which selection committee your application will be assigned. Applicants who are related to health research will be assigned to the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) selection committee, those related to natural science or engineering to the Natural Science and Engineering Research Council (NSERC) selection committee, and those related to social science or humanities to the Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) selection committee.
Applicants will enter information about themselves, and the institution they are affiliated with at the time of application.
This requires information on the three referees whose assessments will accompany the application.
Enter Degree Information:
This task is to collect information about your Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree.
Enter Proposal Information And Supporting Documents:
This task requires the applicant’s overview information, Details, description, and documents attachments. The attachments include a research proposal, bibliography, institutional letter of endorsement, and supervisor’s statement.
Preview Application Materials:
This task consists of applicants review of the submitted requirements so as to check if there is any missing information.
Consent And submit Application:
Applicants must indicate a consent t the terms listed in ResearchNet before submitting the application.
Ensure Attached Documents Meet Presentation Standards:
And lastly, all the required attachments must be prepared according to the standards provided.
The standards instructions are:
- The pages of documents must be 8 and half * 11 (216mm * 279mm).
- Minimum margin of 2cm.
- Texts can be single or double-spaced.
- Indication of name and title of the document as it appears in the instruction.
- Page numbers.
- Upload of PDF formats.
- The attached documents must not exceed 30MB per document.
You can check on the Help with the Accessibility page for more information. Applicants can also check on the standards instruction via the Ensure attached documents standards task.
You can check on the Government of Canada Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2020/2021 application guidelines before proceeding to apply. Click here to read the application guidelines.