How To Delete Credit Karma Account – Free Steps
How To Delete Credit Karma Account – Free Steps – Credit Karma is a multinational Personal Financial Management Company that helps people with tools to put their finances in order. Credit Karma was founded by Kenneth Lin, Ryan Graciano, and Nichole Mustard in 2007. They specialize in giving users free access to their credit scores as well as reports and monitoring. They also make recommendations that help users to save money and improve their credit scores, However, this article isn’t about signing up with Credit Karma but a guide on how to delete, cancel or close your Credit Karma account.
Undoubtedly, there are several considerable reasons why you might want to cancel your Credit Karma account, recently for a lot of people, their reason for canceling their Credit Karma account is because of the ongoing acquisition by Intuit. Quite a lot of people seem to have reservations and speculations about the effect of the acquisition. This article contains both how you can cancel your Credit Karma Membership Account and your Credit Karma Savings Account.
How To Cancel Your Credit Karma Membership Account
The First step to take is to log into your Credit Karma account and click on the “Help Center” on the loaded home page. After the next page loads, Navigate the search bar and type “deactivate account”. After typing, you’ll see a search result captioned “How do I cancel my membership?”, Click on the caption, Next click on “deactivate my Credit Karma account” on the next page. After this, a new page would load. On the new page, navigate to the bottom of the page and click on the “Cancel account” button that will appear. After this, you would be asked to confirm that you want to cancel your membership, click on “Yes”. With these steps, you would succeed in deactivating your account. Note that you may need to try more than once if you get error feedback.
What Happens When You Delete/Cancel Your Credit Karma Membership Account?
- YOU LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR TAX INFO – When you cancel your Credit Karma membership, you consequently lose access to all your previous tax history and documents that were generated by Credit Karma Tax, even if you open another account later on, you still won’t be able to retrieve the information. However, if you download and save or print out your existing information before you say your final goodbye to Credit Karma, you could still have your information for future reference.
- YOU LOSE ACCESS TO YOUR PREVIOUS CREDIT SCORES – Canceling your membership account is synonymous with losing all the information you formerly had access to and this includes your credit scores as well as your report history. Luckily, you can also download and save or print them for future reference, before you cancel your Credit Karma membership account.
How To Close Your Credit Karma Savings Account
Before closing your Credit Karma savings account, you must note that after you close your savings account, you can’t reactivate it or create a new one. You can follow these steps to close your Credit Karma savings account.
- After you enter your Credit Karma savings account, navigate to the settings option at the end of “Savings hub”
- Click on “Close savings account”
- Click on “Continue” on the next page
- Choose your “reason for closing” among the options or simply click on “Something Else” if your reason isn’t listed.
- Click on “Confirm” on the next page
- You would receive a confirmation email
Also note that to successfully close your Credit Karma savings account, you can’t have any open disputes or pending transfers. For more information regarding closing your savings account, you can visit support.creditkarma.com.